Catch that chicken! / Atinuke ; illustrated by Angela Brooksbank.
- 0 of 1 copy available at Meyersdale Public Library.
- 0 of 1 copy available at Somerset County Federated Library System.
- 9 of 13 copies available at SPARK Libraries. (Show)
0 current holds with 13 total copies.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Meyersdale Public Library||PIC BK Children ATINUKE (Text)||30512005377450||MEYM Juvenile||Checked Out||12/08/2020|
- ISBN: 9781536212686 (hardcover)
- ISBN: 1536212687 (hardcover)
- Physical Description: 1 volume (unpaged) : illustrations (color) ; 29 cm
- Publisher: Somerville, Massachusetts : Candlewick Press, .
- Copyright: 2020
"This story takes place in West Africa. Sannu means 'take it easy.' "
"The team behind Baby Goes to Market and B Is for Baby visit a Nigerian village for a humorous ode to childhood ingenuity. Lami is the best chicken catcher in the whole village. Her sister may be speedy at spelling, her friend fast at braiding hair, and her brother brave with bulls, but when it comes to chickens, nobody is faster or braver than Lami. That is, until the day when Lami chases a little too fast, up the baobab tree, and reaches a little too far . . . ow! How can she catch chickens with an ankle that's puffed up like an angry lizard? Could it be, as Nana Nadia says, that quick thinking is more important than quick running? Award-winning author Atinuke celebrates Nigerian village life in a story vibrantly illustrated by Angela Brooksbank with a universal message at its heart"--Amazon.com.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Villages > Nigeria > Juvenile fiction.
Girls > Juvenile fiction.
Chickens > Juvenile fiction.
Ability > Juvenile fiction.
Africa, West > Juvenile fiction.