Beyond civility : the competing obligations of citizenship / William Keith and Robert Danisch.
- 0 of 1 copy available at Meyersdale Public Library.
- 0 of 1 copy available at Somerset County Federated Library System.
- 0 of 1 copy available at SPARK Libraries.
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Meyersdale Public Library||323.6 KEITH (Text)||30512005379787||MEYM Non-Fiction||Checked Out||04/13/2021|
- ISBN: 9780271088044
- ISBN: 9780271087306
- Physical Description: pages cm
- Publisher: University Park, Pennsylvania : The Pennsylvania State University Press, 
- Copyright: ©2020.
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Formatted Contents Note:||
Introduction : why civility matters -- Civility as a moral quandary and a political necessity -- Imagining the politics of civility -- Civility in the discursive public sphere -- The structure, uses, and limitations of incivility -- Strong civility for social justice.
"Examines the problem of social change in a modern, mediated democracy. Argues that civility is not simply a virtue but a functional set of tools that must be adapted to specific situations"-- Provided by publisher.
Search for related items by subject
Courtesy > Political aspects.